Our client is one of the world's leading law firms and are looking for a Legal Assistant role requires a unique blend of skills and experience providing general and administrative support for their Financial Services Group. The position will require a confident, reliable and business-minded assistant with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
The successful candidate will be organized, discreet, detail-oriented and have a client-first approach to work. In addition, the successful applicant must be team-oriented and accustomed to working as a work team with other assistants. Generally, the hours of work are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some flexibility required to meet client needs; pre-authorized overtime may be required.
• Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence and various transactional documents and forms.
• Entering and maintaining lawyer’s dockets and coordinating with the Accounting Department, when necessary; preparing detailed billings.
• Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up; keeping the lawyers apprised of interactions in their absence.
• Opening and maintaining electronic filing system. Maintaining precedent systems using the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
• Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing bring forwards.
• Preparing and updating cheque requisitions and expense reports.
• Updating and maintaining client/matter lists and current client contact records electronically to meet our clients’ requirements.
• General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms, making travel arrangements, etc.; working with other related Departments/services internally to provide documents and other materials on time to meet client needs.
• Demonstrating a team approach; supporting and standing in for colleagues to cover absences; ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality; accountability in relation to both internal and external clients to achieve outputs and goals for the Department and the Firm.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education in business or related discipline. Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred.
• Solid work experience in a legal environment with working knowledge of financial services/banking; preference will be given to previous experience gained within a large firm environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of procedures, with a sound understanding of financial services/banking transactions processes.
• PPSA experience an asset
• Passion for working in a team environment, willing to help others and comfortable with sharing work assignments.
• Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines.
• Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and take initiative using sound judgment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (i.e. Elite and iManage).
• Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proof reading and accuracy are required.
• Professional client and telephone manner and a proven track record of working with confidential information.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills, the ability to work with little instruction or supervision and be internally motivated.
• Professionalism demonstrated with colleagues, clients both in person and conversing by phone.
• Strong grammatical skills, including punctuation and proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
At Urban Legal Recruitment we guarantee discretion and confidentiality.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume in strict confidence to Shona Tischner at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The contents of emails you send from this page may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. By sending email with your resume as a file attachment, you acknowledge and accept that Urban Legal cannot be held legally responsible for any insecure aspects inherent to email. Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. Every precaution will be taken to ensure your interest in any position posted on our website and application materials are kept in strict confidence upon receipt.I Understand Cancel